Through choosing and writing about one of the prompts below, demonstrate critical thinking and your understanding of the concepts and definitions covered in this module.
- You will choose one of the writing prompts listed below.
In your written answer:
- Demonstrate your understanding of the information in this module by using the concepts and definitions correctly.
Demonstrate critical thinking by using the ideas in this module and analyze, conceptualize, synthesize, and communicate in writing your answers to the prompt you chose.
- Answer all of the questions under the prompt you selected.
- Write one page answering all of the questions under the prompt you selected:
- 1.5 line spacing
- 12 point font
- strive for at least 300 words
- Choose one of the three prompts:
Writing Prompt #1: Expose Yourself to Art!
What has been your exposure to visual art? Has it been primarily from your family? School? Social activities? Personal explorations? Describe the style, category, and mode of expression?
Do you make art? If so, what kind? What is the medium you use? What kind of style is it? Look under "style" in Week 1 to get a better idea of what it might be. Who is your audience? OR If you haven’t made any art, have you ever wanted to? What kind? What style? Who would be your audience
Writing Prompt #2: A Definition of Art
Do you agree with the definition for ‘art’ as it’s explained in module 1? Why or why not? Can you add to the definition? Is your definition coming from a subjective or objective perspective?
Writing Prompt #3: Investigating Art
Using the external links as a resource, find a work of art to answer the following questions. The artwork can be from any culture or time period.
- Provide the title, date and artist’s name. Make sure your source has all of this information.
- What medium is used (painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, photograph or digital image, video, installation, or performance)?
Give a short description of the work:
- Why did you choose this piece of art?
- Is it realistic, abstract or non-objective?
- What does it depict? What colors are used?
- What category does it fall under?
- What artistic role does it play? Does it take on more than one role? Review the different roles discussed in Week 1 to help you decide.
You will receive all 30 points by meeting the specifications and the deadline.